Grounds for change
Some of the reasons Meadowlark serves Grounds for Change Coffees:
- Deals not only in certified organic and fair trade coffee but also shade grown coffee which helps ensure healthy and safe habitats for migratory birds.
- Contributes 1% of all their sales to environmental groups worldwide through the 1% For the Planet organization.
- Their policy of offsetting 100% of the global warming emissions associated with their coffee has resulted in Grounds for Change becoming the first U.S. coffee roaster to obtain a CarbonFree® Certified Product label.
- They use sustainable energy (wind, solar and biomass) through Puget Sound Energy’s green power program. In turn, the energy company gives its customers Grounds for Change coffee as an incentive to join the energy-saving program.
- They support community-based programs in coffee growing countries such as the Café Femenino Mexico program that provides a blend of coffee that is grown, processed and traded exclusively by a group of women in the southern Chiapas state.
In other words, Grounds for Change coffee is seriously green.
In fact, this company is so green that it was one of the top ten nominees for this year’s Green America’s Green Business of the Year award.
All in all, Grounds for Change may be just the right brew for anyone who has a well-developed coffee conscience.
Rotating seasonal blend
Each season, the Meadowlark rotates
the seasonal blend
Peru Cafe Feminino
A very special coffee sold here at the Meadowlark: Grounds for Change will donate 10 cents for each pound of Cafe Femenino Peru sold directly back to this women's coffee growing project.